National Wildlife Federation
A sister organization of the National Wildlife Federation, the National Wildlife Federation Action Fund is a 501(c)(4) nonprofit organization working to raise the visibility of key conservation issues with voters and elected officials. Through grassroots actions and focused legislative and political campaigns, the Action Fund advocates for solutions to protect, restore, and connect wildlife habitat; transform wildlife conservation; and connect Americans with wildlife. With an army of engaged individuals committed to taking action, we can help ensure wildlife thrive. To support our mission, we seek a political fellow to work in our National Advocacy Center in Washington, DC.
In this role you will provide day-to-day task and long-term campaign support to the Action Fund team and National Advocacy Center. You will work across many different areas of conservation, including policy, advocacy, education, and community engagement.
You must be available to work a 40-hour weekly schedule. This 11-month position offers $15.00/hour plus core benefits.
In this role you will:
- Research candidates records and positions;
- Assist in developing candidate questionnaires;
- Assist in organizing events, including fundraisers and meet and greets;
- Work with digital team to create content for emails and online platforms including Twitter and Facebook;
- Perform other administrative duties as needed and helping with shared office duties
- Excellent writing and oral communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and flexibility
- Experience with digital organizing or fundraising
- Political or issue campaign experience
- The ability to work independently and cooperatively across teams and finish projects with minimal supervision
- Good multi-tasking and time management skills, including meeting deadlines
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office; experience with lists and databases a plus
Travel Requirements: Some travel with the DC metro area will be required and there is potential for 2-3 trips within the United States.
Your actions are expected to reflect the staff values of the National Wildlife Federation Action Fund: collaboration, mindfulness, empowerment, inclusivity, and mission focus.
We strive to increase diversity, equity, inclusion and justice (DEIJ) in all elements of our work and with our partners to support the interdependent needs of wildlife and people in a rapidly changing world. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote regardless of race, of race, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, genetic information, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are invited to learn more about National Wildlife Federation Action Fund’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion at https://www.National Wildlife Federation.org/About-Us/DEIJ.
If you have a disability and require an accommodation or assistance with our online application process, please tell us how we can help by calling us at 703-438-6244.
Candidates should submit both a cover letter and resume.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.