The National Audubon Society seeks a Vice President & Executive Director, Texas.
The National Audubon Society is one of the oldest and most influential conservation organizations in the United States. It has become a sought-after partner for its bipartisan, grassroots network, the quality of its science, and solution-oriented approach to conservation. Its strategic plan focuses on five strategic priorities: coasts, working lands, water, bird-friendly communities, and climate. Further, an active pursuit of racial equity is a moral and strategic imperative for Audubon. Today, Audubon is a $135M and 700+ employees’ organization with a network of over 1.8 million members, over 500 local and campus chapters, 22 field offices, 34 nature centers, and dozens of international partnerships.
Audubon Texas protects and manages colonial waterbird populations in every major bay system on the Texas Gulf Coast, identifies and conserves the most important sites for birds statewide, and is working to reach 50,000 students annually through conservation education and stewardship action at three urban Audubon Centers. The Audubon Centers in Cedar Hill (Dogwood Canyon), San Antonio (Mitchell Lake), and Dallas (Trinity River) educate over 30,000 students a year and inspire a growing community of conservationists. Sabal Palm Audubon Sanctuary, managed by Gorgas Science Foundation in Brownsville, safeguards one of the last stands of Sabal Palm jungle in the United States.
Reporting to Audubon’s Vice President, Mississippi Flyway, the Vice President & Executive Director, Texas will build on the state’s rich history and expand its conservation contributions in Texas and throughout the entire Flyway, leading the organization to its next level of programmatic and financial success. The Vice President and Executive Director, Texas will lead a state-wide team of 21 staff members who put more than $2.4 million to work for conservation each year.
Successful candidates will possess the following experience and education:
- Bachelor’s degree in nonprofit management, business, conservation or related field required; advanced degree strongly preferred.
- 10 years progressive professional experience, to include 3-5 years at a senior management level with comparable staff and budget responsibilities.
- Strong leadership skills, with an entrepreneurial spirit and strong business and management skills; demonstrated ability to inspire and motivate staff, volunteers, donors, and potential partners a must.
- Demonstrated success in fundraising, in particular extensive experience with major donors, foundations, corporations, and government funders.
- Seasoned organizational leader with an array of experience in public policy development and advocacy, campaigns, lobbying, and/or involvement in the state legislature and in working with members of Congress.
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a highly matrixed, complex organization—strong ability to influence and persuade others required.
Audubon is a federal contractor and an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested individuals please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Victory Search Group (VSG) has the privilege of leading the recruitment for the Vice President & Executive Director, Texas. VSG is a senior level retained executive search firm serving a select group of clients, including nonprofit organizations, from five offices across the United States. Highly collaborative and focused on customer service for over 18 years, Victory Search Group prizes our partnership with clients and their trust in our judgment, integrity and responsiveness.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com