Improving Our Lives Through Conservation
Job Title: Philanthropy Associate
Salary Range: $40,000-$46,000
Location: Hybrid – HQ office Durham & remote
Reports to: Associate Director of Philanthropy
Application Deadline: June 27, 2022
About Triangle Land Conservancy
Triangle Land Conservancy (TLC) is an accredited and well-respected land trust that has protected over 23,000 acres in the rapidly growing Triangle region of North Carolina. Since 1983, TLC has conserved land to safeguard drinking water, support family farms and the local food economy, protect important natural habitats, and connect people with nature. TLC is currently headquartered in vibrant downtown Durham, although most staff are working remotely. This is an exciting time to work at TLC as we are seeing a dramatic increase in the use of our public nature preserves and growth in community support for our mission. TLC is doubling the pace of conservation in the Triangle and will conserve 25,000 acres by 2025 as outlined in our Strategic Action Plan.
TLC seeks to attract candidates who support our mission and values as well as respect and promote excellence through diversity. To this end, TLC recruits, hires, trains, and promotes individuals without regard to color, race, religious belief, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, veteran status, or age. www.triangleland.org. We are seeking candidates that demonstrate a diversity of perspectives, experience, and cultures. We encourage applications from Black, Indigenous and People of Color applicants as well as any applicants who are historically underrepresented in roles like this.
We encourage applications from people who have a passion for the work outlined below, even if their professional experience does not align perfectly with the expectations listed. TLC has a generous support system that includes a mix of paid professional development opportunities as well as training and support from fellow staff members.
The Philanthropy Associate reports to the Associate Director of Philanthropy and works closely with the Philanthropy Manager, Annual Fund Manager, and other staff while fulfilling an important role on the Advancement Team. They have primary responsibility for maintaining TLC’s databases to ensure accurate and timely gift processing, acknowledgment, reporting and reconciliation of gifts, and donor prospect tracking. They provide important coordination with TLC’s annual fund, recurring gift, online donations, and special gift campaigns. They work in collaboration with the Philanthropy Manager and Finance Department to ensure timely and accurate recording and reconciliation of all gifts, as well as the Land Protection and Stewardship Department to ensure landowner and other relevant information is current and tracked within the database.
To view this listing on our website, please visit: https://www.triangleland.org/about/job-opportunities
Essential Duties Include
Donor Database Management
- Responsible for timely and accurate data entry in The Raiser’s Edge NXT database from gift entry through batching and acknowledgment.
- Provide timely and appropriate stewardship of gifts including acknowledgment letters, emails, phone calls and timely updating of internal gift tracking mechanisms.
- Update donor records in a timely manner and complete routine database audits to ensure accurate record keeping.
- Assist with donor data management by creating lists, queries, and reports for mailings, publications, emails, and donor stewardship activities.
- Support timely and accurate production of fundraising analysis reports for use by leadership, Philanthropy staff, committees, and Board members.
- Work closely with Finance Department to ensure accurate recording and timely reconciliation of all gifts and reports, especially during monthly and fiscal year-end closing and audit.
- Provide important collaboration with TLC’s annual fund program, online donation, and special gift campaigns
Project Management and Coordination
- Coordinate projects in an organized and timely manner including solicitation and stewardship mailings; fundraising and donor appreciation events.
- Coordinate with Philanthropy staff to ensure alignment between program goals and delivery of member benefits. Participate in developing, implementing, and tracking department goals.
- Maintain an organized supply of Philanthropy specific materials, inventory and order general office supplies, act as primary in-office recipient of office deliveries and provide timely notification to relevant staff.
Essential Experience, Technical Skills and Competencies
- BA/BS or equivalent education and/or experience.
- Demonstrated data entry experience. Raiser’s Edge or similar CRM program experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to retrieve, analyze, and synthesize information to create accurate reports and lists.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills. A high degree of focus and attention to detail.
- High proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook is required. Word Press and MailChimp experience desired.
- Has a strong understanding of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and a commitment to noticing how our work can be more equitable and supporting those efforts.
- Detail and deadline‐oriented: You are attentive to details, generally get it right the first time, but invite input from other staff. You are accountable.
- Go-getter: You are mature, supportive, and dependable, can easily shift back and forth from working autonomously to working collaboratively and desire to undertake new and varied projects and responsibilities.
- Flexible and capable: You manage changing priorities with ease and get the job done. You take projects from start to finish and anticipate changes in schedules.
- Process‐oriented: You are efficient with setting up and maintaining systems to create high-quality work in collaboration with others.
- Strong communicator: You demonstrate poise, diplomacy, and tact when appropriate, but have a natural tendency toward sharing joy, inspiration, excitement, and passion. You have strong written and oral communication skills.
- Team player: You actively support a culture where people encourage each other and work together to succeed and/or celebrate the successes of others. You ask for help when you need it and pitch in to support others.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required (not a regular occurrence).
This is a full-time permanent and exempt position with benefits; including employer-paid health, dental and vision insurance, short-term and long-term disability, paid time off and holiday observances.
How to apply
Applications should be submitted via email as a single pdf to hrATtriangleland.org with the subject line “Communications Associate Application.” The following documents should be included: 1) letter of interest 2) maximum two-page resume 3) three professional references. References will not be contacted without notifying you first. All applicants shall receive a confirmation email and if you are selected for an interview HR will contact you. Please no phone calls, drop-ins, paper submissions or status updates. And no recruiters.
Covid-19 Statement: TLC is cautious and diligent about the Covid-19 pandemic. We follow all city, county, state, and federal laws, and put the health of our employees first. Our employees are required to show proof of vaccination and be up to date with booster shots.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@triangleland.org