These are unprecedented times for all of us. As we adjust to working remotely and spending more time indoors, it is more important than ever to take care of ourselves. The following resources have been gathered from National Wildlife Federation staff and the River Network Pandemic Resources site. If you have a suggested addition please contact us at email@example.com.
- Lead with an extra measure of understanding and compassion – for yourself and for others. Acknowledge the our new work environments are different and more difficult.
- Prioritize health, well-being, and family for you and your team.
- Set a communication schedule with your team, and prioritize personal check ins during every conversations. If in doubt, overcommunicate.
- Adjust work expectations for yourself and team members
- Agree on a flexible structure for remote work for you and your team members.
Taking a Break
- Check out the online library from the Environmental Film Festival
- Stretching at your desk from Northwestern University
- Get a daily does of encouragement sent to your inbox from the Nebo Company
- Learn to draw or download some coloring pages from Johanna Basford
- Head outside to enjoy nature but be sure to follow physical distancing rules
Resources for Parents
- Enjoy FREE Access to all Ranger Rick materials from National Wildlife Federation
- Tips for Working from Home with your Children from Vox
- Recipe for homemade play dough from I Heart Naptime
- Download conservation and wildlife focused lesson plans and tool kits from the World Wildlife Fund
- Check out the unlimited access Nepris library to support learning from home
- Explore National Geographic educational resources
- Dig into STEAM related activities and programs from the National Children’s Museum
Upcoming Webinar Series
- Smart Strategies for the Virtual Workplace Series – The Nebo Company
- Institute for Conservation Leadership Series (Click the date for more information)
Mental Health and Anxiety
- Managing Stress & Anxiety from Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- 7 Science-Based Strategies to Cope with Coronavirus Anxiety from The Conversation
- We Asked Experts How to Cope with Your Coronavirus Anxiety from Shine
- How to Handle Coronavirus Anxiety from Ten Percent Happier podcast
- Managing the Stress and Uncertainty of Coronavirus from Harvard Business Review
Equity and Justice
- Ten Equity Implications of the Coronavirus COVID-19 Outbreak in the United States from NAACP
- Social Justice in a Time of Social Distancing from Design Studio for Social Intervention
- Decolonizing Community Care in Response to COVID-19 from NDN Collective
- Treating Yellow Peril: Resources to Address Coronavirus Racism from Jason Oliver Chang
- 10 Ways Inclusive Leaders Can Mitigate Bias When Communicating About Coronavirus from Brevity & Wit via Medium
- 8 Tips To Make Working From Home Work For You from NPR’s Life Kit podcast
- A Guide to Remote Working for Nonprofits from Wild Apricot
- Nonprofit Resources for Remote Work During the COVID-19 Outbreak from TechSoup
- Tech Tips for Working Remotely During COVID-19 from Earth Institute at Columbia University
- Remote Collaboration Tips from the Institute for Conservation Leadership
- Dealing with Conflict will Working Remotely from Remote.Co